From air conditioning to the first electronic keycard, technical innovation has come to define the major milestones in the hospitality industry. Great hoteliers are savvy entrepreneurs, guiding their businesses into the future through the leaps and bounds of new technologies.
Today, contactless ordering and payment is the best technical solution operators can adopt to build the hospitality business of tomorrow.
This article will detail exactly why contactless ordering and payment is an important breakthrough for the hotel business. Get ready to revolutionize everything from customer service to revenue generation by going contactless, and don’t worry—it’s an important leap forward but we’ve found the easiest way to do it.
Contactless Ordering Maximizes Your Efficiency
Hospitality is a numbers game. The number of guests, multiplied by the size of the bills, divided by operating costs. Why not bring those numbers up by maximizing your efficiency in several areas with contactless ordering?
Going contactless can increase your business’ efficiency by helping you:
- Save Time – The average contactless transaction is about 12.5 seconds, less than half the amount of time it takes for a credit card transaction, and about a third of the time it takes to handle cash. Saving time means saving money—boost transaction speeds and allow for more transactions by going contactless.
- Save Money – You know those unavoidable business costs? They’re not so unavoidable anymore. Save big on paper expenses with digital menus and cut down on staffing costs through implementing contactless ordering and payment.
- Save Energy – The typical and tiring back and forth of hospitality staff can be instantly eliminated with contactless ordering. Save your staff energy by offering your customers contactless options, cutting down trips to tables, rooms, and computers. Your staff won’t be overwhelmed, allowing them to bring their customer service to the next level.
You Can Create New Ways To Increase Revenue
Bringing up the bottom line is key to longevity and growth in the hospitality industry. We’ve talked about saving money, but what about finding more ways to generate revenue through contactless ordering and payment?
Here are just a few ways contactless payment can be an important tool to increasing revenue at your hotel:
- Let Your Guest Spend Freely – Ordering room service no longer involves an awkward phone call, and dine-in guests can add another round and dessert to their dinner without flagging down a busy server—these days, things are just plain easier. Your guests can let their whims guide them, spending more and more frequently when their late-night chocolate decadent cravings can be satisfied at the tap of a button.
- Suggestions and Pairings – How about a smokey bourbon cocktail with your steak tartare? Recommendations and pairing options are a great way to increase bill sizes. That’s why we suggest adding them to your digital menu. Now, instead of encouraging your staff to upsell, your contactless ordering system can do it for you.
- Customize Your Services – By going contactless you’ll have access to one of this century’s most important resources, data. By keeping track of guest data you can provide customizable services, tailor-made for your guests. Offer them everything from dining coupons to massage discounts, all your efforts will distinguish your hotel as their favorite getaway.
Contactless Technology Can Expand Your Guest Services
Don’t worry, we haven’t forgotten the old adage, “the customer is always right.” In fact, with contactless ordering it might really be the case. If you’re interested in giving your guests a personalized and interactive dining experience, contactless is the most important option on the menu.
Contactless ordering means no mix-ups, no staff errors, and no need for apologies. Guests can experience top-of-the-line hospitality service without the common hassles that occur when using traditional POS systems.
With contactless ordering guests can:
- Get Empowered – All the power is in the palm of their hands. With digital menus, they can order what they want, when they want.
- Stay Informed – Has an item run out? What’s the daily special? Contactless ordering means all the menu information is up to date and easily accessible. If they have any more questions they could always contact the kitchen.
- Track Their Order – Sometimes guests can get a little antsy. Put their minds at ease by allowing them to track their order. It’s hard to be patient when you’re hungry.
Plus, make your guests repeat customers by offering loyalty programs directly through your contactless payment system. They’ll feel like they’re at home the minute they step into your hotel.
Jump Into The Future With Contactless Payment From GoTab
Now that you’ve heard exactly why contactless options are important for operators in the hospitality industry, we know what’s coming next.
How do you make it happen?
Head on over to GoTab to find the quickest, easiest, and most affordable way to upgrade your hotel with contactless ordering and payment.
We’re talking about:
- Real-time analytics
- Automated cross-selling
- Custom digital menus
And a whole lot more. There’s no better way to discover the importance of going contactless than with GoTab.
Check out GoTab today and join us in building a beautiful future for the hospitality industry.
- First Data. Benefits of accepting contactless payments. https://www.firstdata.com/downloads/thought-leadership/contactless-payments-benefits.pdf
- American Express. What are the advantages and disadvantages of contactless payment. https://www.americanexpress.com/in/articles/life-with-amex/benefits/pros-and-cons-of-contactless-payment.html